The Road to TEXAS

Short recap for today.... Drove around 900 miles and loved it. I left Raleigh around 8am and ended up in .... New Orleans! at 11pm. On the drive I went through North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, MIssissippi, and Louisiana. Stopped in Atlanta, Mobile, Biloxi and New Orleans. THe plan was to camp at Shepard State park near Biloxi, MS but I ended up driving on and finding a cheap hotel room in New Orleans. As I pulled onto St. Charles Ave in downtown New Orleans (my hotel) I heard a deafening noise. The entire city of New Orleans was out on this street screaming and dancing.


A parade was being held since Mardi Gras is around the corner. What started as a quiet night at a campsite turned into a roaring party with beads, floats and dancing. Here is what I got myself into....



And so it begins...

Comments

Popular Posts