Black Mountain Half Marathon

Last weekend I began the awkward and daunting task of coming off a multi year injury.  For a long time I've been struggling with a hip injury that just won't go away.  Recently it has been so bad that my IT band would just tighten up and my knee would lock up a few miles into the run and then I would just walk home in pain.  Finally I had enough, went to a doctor, starting icing, changed my shoes, took hip supplements, stretched and prayer a lot.  Slowly but surely my hip, IT band and knee are starting to get better  After two weeks of training I decided to jump in the Black Mountain half marathon in San Diego.

24100145388_97dd20664e_o

I haven't run 13 miles in a long time but thought it would be a good chance to see new trails, get some time on my feet and to show God I am committed to running.  The race started around 8am and was a small group.

26175644089_7c451a3f58_o

Unsure of what I would be able to do, I just went after it from the start.  The course started on a hill and funneled into soft sand dirt road that eventually led to tight single track.  Unfortunately one of the first turns was not marked and I went left instead of right.  After a while I realized I wasn't running towards Black Mountain so I turned around and found myself in second place due to the mistake.

37897856286_9ed3e1ae77_o


The first few miles took us up to the summit of Black Mountain at 1,616 ft.

Untitled


37919916182_e10694fd92_o


Untitled

Comments

Popular Posts